- Phuoc & Partners has acted as the sole legal advisor for a well-known industrial zone developer who is a member of a prominent group engaging in various business fields such as sugar, energy, real estate, tourism, and various renewable energy projects in the South Central and Southern regions areas of Vietnam – as the seller in an M&A deal of considerable value with a leading Thai energy producer. Phuoc & Partners played a key and active role in efficiently assisting the seller in completing the transaction, including rendering legal advice and consultancy on commercial structure, negotiating with the buyer, as well as drafting and reviewing agreements and other relevant transactional documents.
- Phuoc & Partners has acted as the sole legal advisor for a buyer who is a listed real estate developer on the Hose exchange, in a real estate M&A deal having a value of about 140million USD, for a 2ha land complex residential project in CBD of Ho Chi Minh City. The buyer was involved in the whole process of construction of the project (including procurement, E&C, and contractors tendering, etc.) in order to develop the project with a premium ranking for the best interest of the buyer’s customers. Phuoc & Partners played a key and active role to efficiently assist the buyer in completing the transaction, including rendering legal advice and project financing structure consultancy, negotiating with the seller, as well as drafting and reviewing agreements and other relevant transactional documents.
- Phuoc & Partners has acted as the sole Vietnamese legal adviser for the successful IPO and Listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of Hyfusin Group Holdings Limited (Stock Code 8512), a company principally engages in the manufacturing and sale of daily-use candles, scented candles, decorative candles and diffusers. With headquarters in Hong Kong and operations in Vietnam which is also ranked as the third among the candle manufacturers in Vietnam in term of export value into the U.S, U.K. and EU market.
- Phuoc & Partners played a key and active role in efficiently coordinating and working with many professional working parties in the U.S, Cayman, BVI, China, Hong Kong and Vietnam to assist the Company to file and complete the IPO and Listing, including conducting legal due diligence and rending legal advice and compliance consultancy for the Company; drafting and reviewing the IPO Prospectus; providing legal opinions addressed to the Company, the Sponsor and the underwriters to the IPO upon issue of the Prospectus, the Listing, as well as to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the Securities and Futures Commission; and other required legal advice for the whole IPO and Listing process.
Read more at here
- Phuoc & Partners has acted as the sole legal advisor of a well-known Ho Chi Minh City-listed real estate developer to successfully complete an M&A deal valued at almost US$7 million. The target company was running a real estate project of residential houses located in Phu Huu Ward, District 9, Ho Chi Minh City, for a Hong Kong-based investment fund of Chiaphua Group. Phuoc & Partners played the active role to efficiently assist the Client in completing the transaction over more than 15 months, including rendering legal advice, assisting the Client in negotiating with the seller and its lawyer, and drafting and reviewing agreements and other relevant transaction documents.
- Phuoc & Partners, acting as the sole Vietnamese counsel for a consortium of prominent and professional investors, who are holding key managerial positions in a well-known information technology company and a leading investment fund in Vietnam, having completed an M&A and private equity placement deal in Rever Technology Joint Stock Company (“Rever”) – the target company operating in high-tech real estate business in Vietnam. From its beginning in 2016, and with respect to invested capital via the deal, Rever has developed an online real estate distribution system basing on global maps and also provides high quality intermediary services for the smart and efficient process of purchasing, selling and renting real estate. Acting as the Vietnamese lawyer for the investors, Phuoc & Partner was involved in carrying out legal due diligence on the target company, assisting the investor in negotiations with the target company and their lawyers, drafting and reviewing agreements and other relevant transactional documents.
Read more at here
- Phuoc & Partners acted as the sole legal advisor for setting up and implementing two new urban projects in Dong Nai Province, Vietnam with total land scale of more than 800ha and investment from Thai Land.
- Phuoc & Partners acted as the sole legal advisor for a Vietnam listed corporation, An Duong Thao Dien (HOSE Stock code: HAR) in dealing with a Singapore-based investment fund Frasers Centrepoint Limited (Singapore Stock code: FCL) for a US$ 85million M&A deal of acquiring a 70 percent stake in a luxury residential apartment project covers one hectare in downtown in District 2, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Phuoc & Partners acted as the sole legal advisor for Essilor the world leader of lenses and all areas of eye care for their incorporation, development and acquisition of distribution system in Ho Chi Minh City and Long An Province, Vietnam.
- Successfully participating in providing labour law consultancy for CBRE, one of the leading real estate service providers in the world and in Vietnam and supporting in carrying out notification procedures to competent State authorities in a re-organization project of CBRE in Vietnam.
- Phuoc & Partners acted as the Vietnamese counsel for an investment fund based in the United States of American (Global Emerging Markets Group) and British Virgin Islands (AnsenHoldco) implementing an M&A and Share swap deal in a listed Vietnamese company (Duc Long Gia Lai Corporation – Code: DLG, HOSE). This is the first ever share swap deal between a foreign investor and a listed company in Vietnam, which was approved by the Ministry of Planning and Investment and the State Securities Commission of Vietnam. The deal was closed and the foreign investors become the majority shareholders of Duc Long Gia Lai Corporation.
- Phuoc & Partners acted as the sole legal advisor for a big listed corporation in Vietnam in a US$85 million M&A deal to buy out stake of all shareholders to acquire a well-known supermarket chain in Ho Chi Minh City, Dong Nai, Nha Trang, Binh Thuan, and Ninh Thuan provinces.
Read more at here
- Phuoc & Partners, acting as sole Vietnamese counsel for KAfe Group Limited (“KAfe Group”), the first urban fusion cafe chain in Vietnam, has secured US$5.5 million in Series A financing from institutional investors in London and Hong Kong, including leading investor, Cassia Investments. Closed over the summer, the Series A financing will be used to support KAfe Group’s rapid expansion beyond its current network in Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City and other cities throughout the rest of Vietnam. KAfe Group is eyeing an overseas public listing at a later stage for further expansion throughout Vietnam.
- Phuoc & Partners, acting as sole Vietnamese counsel for Huy Vietnam Group Limited (“Huy Vietnam”), one of the first international, professionally managed restaurant chains operating in Vietnam and serving traditional Vietnamese food, has secured capital (Series B of US$15 million and Series C of US$15 million) from institutional investors in Singapore and Hong Kong, including AIF Capital and Templeton Emerging Markets Group of Templeton Asset Management Ltd. The Series B and C rounds of funding will be used to support the Company’s expansion through Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and other cities of Vietnam.
- Supporting Talentnet to provide legal advice and prepare relevant supporting documents and training for Glaxosmithkline Pte.Ltd relating to the organizational re-structuring of the two representative offices of Glaxosmithkline Pte.Ltd in Vietnam (in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City).
- Phuoc & Partners acting as the sole Vietnamese counsel for an M&A deal between a group of Vietnamese transferors selling 40% of shares holding in a joint venture company and a Malaysia real estate investor. We consulted the clients in capital structure, deal documents preparation, and tax planning with total deal proceeds is up to 68 million USD. The deal was successfully closed on 30 June 2015.
Read more at here
- Leader of the consulting team for the subscription and the provision of guarantee to a joint venture company among Sunny Force, an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Luen Thai Holding Limited, and Smart Shirts HongKong together with the Thien Nam Sunrise JV Shareholding Company (including Thien Nam Investment and Development Joint Stock Company, Sunrise (Shengzhou) Textiles Co., Ltd., Itochu Textile Prominent (Asia) Co., Ltd.) located in Bao Minh IP, Nam Dinh Province. The total subscription is about US$15million, while the guarantee amounts to US$50 million (equivalent to approximately HK$389 million).
- Acting as the sole Vietnamese counsel for the Green Project of TVX Holdings Group and Etika Groups in Vietnam, legal services were rendered regarding the acquisition by a Japanese master purchaser of companies operating in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam. The deal is valued at approximately 231million USD and required consideration of the laws of various jurisdictions, including Japan (as master purchaser), Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam.
- Acting as the sole Vietnamese counsel for the Evergreen Project of Serrano Holdings Limited (a corporation provides interior fit-out solutions which involves the customizing, manufacturing, supplying and installing paneling products for property development and refurbishment projects in Singapore and Southeast Asia; It also manufactures and supplies a wide range of furnishings suitable for home, office and commercial use, including modular kitchen and office systems) during its Vietnamese entity divestment to facilitate an IPO submission at the Stock Exchange of Singapore. On 23 October 2014, Serrano Limited successfully closed its Application List under the stock code of “40R”.
Read more at here
- Leader of the legal consulting team for Taisei Oncho Co., Ltd., a Japan-based company to acquire 20% shares of Seaprodex Refrigeration Industry Corporation, a listed company on HOSE.
- Leader of the consulting team for a HongKong based holdings company, ultimately acquiring 100% of the share capital of a well-known restaurant company which was 5 years old and specialized in the restaurant business and was in connection with an initial private equity process through the structures of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Leader of the consulting team for Khang Dien House Trading and Investment JSC – a listed company on HOSE to acquire 45% shares of PVPF3 Limited (Prudential Fund) in Khu Dong Real Estate Investment and Trading JSC (2013)
- Leading the consulting team for a multinational beverages company based in Ho Chi Minh City to acquire a factory in Thach That – Quoc Oai Industrial Park, Thach That District, Hanoi City with the deal value of USD4,5 million.
- Leading the consulting group for an investment consortium of 6 companies based in the United Kingdom to exit from 4 projects of Industrial Park, Port, Residential, and Industrial Utilities Services concerning a parcel of land up to 600ha in Long An Province with the deal value of 270 million USD.
- Leader of the legal consulting team for Fujicopian, a Japan-based company to acquire 100% shares of an export processing company in Dong Nai Province, Vietnam with the deal value of 3,6 million USD.
- Leader of the legal consulting team for a listed Singaporean company to acquire 100% shares of a shipyard in Baria Vung Tau Province, Vietnam with the deal value of 10 million USD.
Read more at here
- Ningbo Sunrise Textile Co., Ltd. (Shengzhou), China – one of the largest corporations in the world and in the top three of Chinese most reputation brands for yarn dyed fabrics and the wrinkle free fabrics, in a legal joint venture DD and successful Joint venture deal of a wearing, textile, and knitting factory in Bao Minh IP, Nam Dinh province, in the North of Vietnam, with the production capacity of 300 tones of knitted fabrics and one million meters of woven fabrics per month (2012)
- Leader of the consulting group for a investment consortium of 6 companies based in the United Kingdom in an M&A deal of port, industrial park, residential and utilities in Long An Province, to provide deal structure, tax planning, and preparation of all deal related documents.
- Leader of the consulting groups for two commercial joint stock banks based in Ho Chi Minh City in conducting forensic legal audits and legal advice on restructuring the banks affiliated companies.
- KIAN JOO CAN FACTORY BERHAD, a listed company in Malaysia in the M&A deal with Nihon Canpack valued of 9.3 million USD in the Vietnam Joint Venture between Kian Joo Can Factory Berhad and Nihon Canpack, a listed company from Japan with the assign project including (i) reviewing the sale & purchase agreement and negotiating its terms and conditions with Nihon Canpack; (ii) registering the M&A transaction with the licensing authority in Binh Duong Province; and (iii) filing for paying capital gain tax with Tax Authority in Binh Duong Province.
- DIAGEO VIETNAM (owner of some of the world’s leading alcohol and beverage brands such as Johnnie Walker, J&B, Guinness), in an organizational restructuring plan with the result of retrenchment of nearly 70 employees nationwide.
- SMART SHIRTS, in legal DD and a successful M&A deal of a garment factory in Hung Yen province, the North of Vietnam.
- BYUCKSAN E&C, in a legal settlement of their construction contracts in a real estate project in District 2, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- SOUTHERN LAND JSC and WCT BERHAD, in a joint venture real estate project valuing at 40million US Dollars in Binh Chanh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Read more at here
- BOURBON TAY NINH, in advising legal procedures and preparing deal supporting documents for a successful M&A project of 68% shares from foreign shareholders.
- GOLDEN GAIN INTERNATIONAL LTD (BVI), in advising tax structure and capital acquisition for a successful M&A deal with a listed company in the North of Vietnam, having value up to 38 million.
- CATHAY PIGMENTS, in conducting and advising on a legal due diligence matter relating to an M&A project of a company in Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam.
- KHANG DIEN REAL ESTATE CORPORATION, in forming a joint venture company with an emerging real estate company in Asia.
- THE COCA-COLA COMPANY, in conducting and advising on legal and intellectual property and due diligence matters relating to an M&A project of a listed food processing company.
- SAIGON COMMERCIAL JOINT STOCK BANK (SCB), in advising and preparing supporting documents for sale & purchase of a core banking system from a Singapore developer.
- ALLGREEN, in obtaining a ruling from the Ho Chi Minh City Tax Department on VAT for their real estate project in Ho Chi Minh City.
- DAI LOC JSC & YOUNG’S KINGDOM, in a lawsuit brought against a multinational shipping liner and successfully recovering an amount of about USD150,000 as compensation for loss of cargo.
- DIC (Development Investment Construction Joint Venture Corporation), in a construction dispute between DIC and 68 Company over the construction of Dai Loc bridge wherein DIC requested 68 Company to repay an advanced amount of nearly USD250.000.
- Representing COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA in a wrongful termination lawsuit initiated by a high-ranked employee and successfully defending the Bank.
- Representing KIMBERLY CLARK VIETNAM LIMITED in a wrongful termination lawsuit initiated by an individual employee and successfully mediating the dispute in favour of the Company.
- Representing INTEL PRODUCTS VIETNAM LIMITED in a lawsuit initiated against an individual employee to request repayment of training costs and successfully mediating the dispute in favor of the Company.
- Representing LIBERTY INSURANCE LIMITED in a wrongful termination lawsuit initiated by an individual employee and successfully mediating the dispute in favor of the Company.
Read more at here
- KHANG DIEN REAL ESTATE, for a FIDIC construction contract with COFICO in Spring Life project in District 2, Ho Chi Minh City, worth 248 billion VND (12.8 million USD).
- PROFORMA LTD (BVI) and HOA PHAT GROUP, for a real estate M&A project in Hanoi and District 9, Ho Chi Minh City.
- VINAMETRIC (DUXTON HOTEL), a four star hotel located in Ho Chi Minh City, in connection with the administrative litigation case against the Ho Chi Minh City Tax Department – the largest amount of tax claim of nearly 7 million US Dollars relating to a tax decision of the Ho Chi Minh City Tax Department relating to the method of tax calculation with respect to the business of electronic games with prize.
- P+Z DEVELOPMENT PTE., LTD, a contractor of Long Thanh Golf Club, to participate in the preparation of a construction contract for the development of a golf club in Laos.
- SACOMREAL – TAN THANG (SCR AND GAMUDA LAND), in a real estate M&A deal, for development of a new urban area (capital structure, legal due diligence, share acquisition, post-licensing) with total investment capital is up to 165 million USD.
Read more at here
- THE EAST, a high-class villa project in District 9, Ho Chi Minh City, in legal-business structure advice and investment co-operation contract consulting;
- NEW WORLD FASHION GROUP, a leading garment and fashion group based on the UK, in a global restructuring plan for tax saving purposes;
- The OASIS PROJECT IN SUNRISE CITY, DISTRICT 7, having value of capital assignment is up to 32 million USD, in tax and real estate consulting;
- CHEVRON, a leading oil and gas company, in a global HR restructuring plan to retrench a number of Vietnam employees;
- NEW URBAN AREA PROJECT in Binh Khanh – Thu Thiem, District 2 between Century 21 Corporation and the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City, in contracts advisory and preparation;
- DIAGEO, the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer, in an HR restructuring plan in its Vietnam business.
Read more at here
- LOTTE SHOPPING LIMITED, a leading Korean supermarket company in the Lotte Group, in business deals with Vietnamese land owners to develop their outlets in Vietnam.
- SHINSUNG VINA, a leading Korean garment company, in an M&A deal in Binh Duong with transaction value of 12 million US Dollars.
- BYUCKSAN ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LIMITED, primary on architecture, engineering and electrical services provider, in setting up a joint venture on condominium and real estate business in Vietnam.
- VIDIFI (Vietnam Infrastructure Development and Finance Investment Corporation) – to participate in negotiations and providing legal advice for the construction contract signed between VIDIFI and a foreign contractor in the development of the Hanoi – Hai Phong Highway.
- DOOSAN VINA, a leading heavy industry group of Korea, in the process of successful settlement of a large strike in Dung Quat in 2008
- DONG TANG LONG NEW URBAN AREA, at District 9 between HUD Corporation and VinaCapital Property Development Limited, with total investment capital for the 1st stage up to 400 million USD, in capital structure; project efficiency planning; finance planning and joint venture structure.
Read more at here
- VINACAPITAL, a leading BVI venture capital fund, in the joint venture deal to develop a township project in Dong Nai province with an initial investment capital value of 400 million US Dollars.
- SCHLUMBERGER VIETNAM, a leading oil and gas exploitation company, in connection with the labor litigation case against Schlumberger Vietnam – a first ever high value claim of approximately one million US Dollars.
- SOUTHERN LAND JSC, a well-known Vietnamese real estate development company, in the joint venture deal to develop an apartment complex in Southern Saigon valued at more than 50 million US Dollars.
- KMDK, a Korean based company which was selected as the contractor for the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) Project to collect and recycle gas into electricity at two dumpsites in HCM City’s outlying areas, in the incorporation of KMDK’s commercial presence in Vietnam and in dealing with the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City, the Environment Protection Fund and the Electric Vietnam Corporation in the establishment and operation of the CDM Project.
Read more at here
- SCANCOM, a leading home furniture manufacturer, in a global tax planning project for its expatriates within the group.
- NV MULTI CORPORATION BERHAD, an investment holding company engaged in investment and development of memorial parks, in the establishment of its first joint venture in Vietnam for the conduction of a memorial park located at a 100ha land area in Ha Tay Province.
Read more at here